Online Watercolor Painting Classes – Live on Zoom
weekly watercolor classes with Oaxacan artist Pedro Cruz Pacheco
Saturdays – starting soon!
10-11 am PST
Do you need to nurture your creative self while we’re stuck at home during this pandemic? Join Pedro in his Oaxaca art studio – live on Saturday mornings via Zoom. For an hour every Saturday, he will offer demos, answer questions, and guide you through exercises in technique. It’s a great opportunity to hone your painting chops, and practice Spanish all at once! And as always, he’ll talk about his personal talismans and help you to incorporate your own symbols into your art.
- All levels welcome
- Classes start soon and will be offered thru the summer
- Opportunity to practice your Spanish (but Corrie will be online to translate)
Pedro Cruz Pacheco is a painter from Santa Cruz Amilpas, Oaxaca, Mexico who works in watercolor, oil, and mixed media. He left his job in a brickyard in 1999 and initially began his career as a self-taught artist. He spent 8 years apprenticing in the studio of master Oaxacan painter Felipe Morales, and has shown and sold his work for years in Labastida Plaza in downtown Oaxaca (by Santo Domingo church). Pedro has exhibited in Mexico (Oaxaca, Mexico City, Puerto Vallarta, Merida, Monterrey), Texas, and California (San Francisco, Los Angeles, Sonoma County, Eureka). Pedro’s style is very Oaxaca-influenced, with magic realism as an artistic point of view – a Mexican version of surrealism. His work is intimate, private, and incorporates personal symbols and talismans that reflect his own life experiences as well as the history and customs of Oaxaqueños. His work features bright, vivid colors and his own deeply personal and heart-felt spiritual view of the world around him.
- We are offering a package deal of $75 for 7 classes, or you can buy single classes at $12.50 each. Once you sign up, we will provide you with the Zoom meeting link and instructions.
- The preferred payment method (to avoid extra fees) is by check.
- Arrangements can be made to accept credit card payments via PayPal, with a small c/c transaction fee. Contact Corrie McCluskey at 707-575-6801 or email@example.com.
Materials & suggestions:
No specific materials are required – use your favorite quality watercolor paints, brushes and paper, but an optional list can be offered with suggestions for those undecided about materials.
If you have questions, contact:
Corrie McCluskey at 707-575-6801 or firstname.lastname@example.org